Date Added: 28 October 2019
: 15 November 2019
Job Title: Advocacy Specialist
Working For: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Salary: Competitive; in line with experience and qualifications
IAVI is seeking a skilled and dynamic Advocacy Specialist to work in its team in Amsterdam.
IAVI is a nonprofit scientific research organization dedicated to addressing urgent, unmet global health challenges including HIV and tuberculosis. In Europe, a small team conducts Resource Mobilization, Advocacy and Communications activities from a headquarters in Amsterdam.
The Advocacy Specialist will report to the Advocacy Manager. Activities include securing and sustaining national and regional political commitment and influencing and promoting public policies that support HIV and TB vaccine R&D specifically, and Global Health R&D more broadly. This requires the development and implementation of policy shaping and political advocacy programmes for audiences including government agencies, scientific communities, parliamentarians, policy makers and civil society.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and execute political advocacy work in close collaboration with colleagues in Europe team and in-country partners or consultants, including meeting with MPs and other stakeholders and arranging parliamentary events
- Collaborate with key partners, consultants and stakeholders, establish and deepen relationships and develop joint political and policy advocacy activities
- Identify and monitor ongoing and new political priorities and policy initiatives by relevant European governments, EU institutions and Global Health institutions that impact on IAVI’s work and mission
Education, experience and skills
- Education at relevant University level (e.g. a BA or Masters in Public Health, Public Policy and/or International Affairs)
- 5-10 years professional experience in managing or coordinating political and policy advocacy programmes in or across European countries and European Union institutions involving coalitions and partnerships, including with researchers, NGOs and governments
- Deep understanding of policy development and political advocacy processes.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in other languages preferred.
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Based in Amsterdam with some travel, mainly in Europe
- Possess the necessary permits for working in the Netherlands / the European Union
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
To submit your application of interest, please visit the www.iavi.org career site and submit your CV and motivation letter.
For clarifying questions, you can contact the IAVI Amsterdam office at +31205210030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org