Date Added: 29 October 2019
: 8 November 2019
Job Title: Research Associate
Working For: University of Bolton
Salary: Grade 5 or 6 depending on experience and qualifications (£24,000-£35,000)
Length of Contract:
University of Bolton -Research Institute for Social Mobility and Education (RISE) Based in London.
The Vice-Chancellor Professor George Holmes, has recently established the Research Institute for Social Mobility and Education (RISE) as a Policy Think Tank to bring together researchers, academics, policy makers and activists to generate policy solutions to some of the challenges facing both the University of Bolton, and the sector in general.
The vision of RISE is to inform practice whereby all children and young people have the aspiration and skills to succeed in all phases of education regardless of their background, challenge or need. In short – true social mobility.
School/Service: Research Institute for Social Mobility and Education (RISE)
Reference: Researcher AJ/DH
Grade: Grade 5 (plus London weighting)
Status: Fixed-term appointment
Hours: Full-time (36.25 hours per week)
Responsibility for: Building and managing the research capacity of RISE.
Main Function of the Position:
- Developing and implementing the research startegy for RISE.
- The post holder will be responsible for the building and managing the research capacity of RISE.
- The post holder will function as a highly motivated individual to achieve the highest possible quality in the research project output.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To join the RISE team to act as one of the key players of the project.
- To build and manage the research capacity of RISE.
- To maintain confidentiality of all research undertaken
- To generate research outcomes from own and team's research efforts and to present timely progress reports at project meetings as required.
- To support other areas of relevant research effort.
- To report to the supervisors on a weekly basis.
- To write scientific papers for quality journals as well as Blogs for social media.
- To attend compulsory training courses as required by the University of Bolton.
- To carry out other duties within the scope of the role as requested by the Line Manager.
- To support administrative research duties as required.
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, COSHH and other relevant legislation.
The post holder will at all times follow the University of Bolton policies including equal opportunities, race equality etc.
Closing Date: 8 November 2019
We aim to conduct interviews in our Westminster Faculty Office between 11th-23rd November. To start immediately.
Please send a CV and Covering letter to; A.Jenkyns@bolton.ac.uk