Date Added: 29 October 2019
: 11 November 2019
Job Title: Education and Training Administrator
Working For: HOPE not hate Charitable Trust
Salary: £26,000 pro rata, 6 months fixed term contract
HOPE not hate Charitable Trust is the UK’s leading anti-extremism charity working in communities to offer an antidote to those who seek to divide. Our work in schools is a key element in our Education and Training Unit. Our team speaks to young people in schools across the country every week, helping them to better understand prejudice, develop empathy for others, and learn about standing up for people.
As our work expands, we’re looking to add an Education and Training Administrator to our team, to help run our outreach to schools, booking sessions, providing follow up after visits, and helping to develop materials.
If you’re passionate about helping our small but effective team to do even more, we’d love to hear from you.
We expect applicants to display a range of skills and experiences:
- The ability to juggle a range of tasks at once, using a common-sense, organised, approach to the work
- Experience in managing communications on behalf of an organisation, ranging from mass mailings (online and offline) to direct contact with schools
- Basic research skills, such as being able to find, collate and organise contact details for schools in specific areas of the country, including experience using Microsoft Excel
- Basic design skills to assist with the preparation of education and training materials, e.g. creating presentations in PowerPoint.
This role includes:
- Delivering our outreach to schools, communicating with them via mass mailings, emails, and phone calls to explain our offer and to facilitate the delivery of classes by our team
- Overseeing our follow-up with schools, securing feedback from them, and providing them with additional information and materials.
- Facilitating the work of the Education & Training Team by assisting the team’s director with his work, including (but not limited to) managing reporting processes, liaising with freelancers, and managing the admin of the team.
- Liaising with other teams on issues such as advertising to secure the services of freelancers, promoting the work of the E&T team, and posting content on social media.
We believe that our work will be at its best if it is created by people with a range of backgrounds and experiences. We are keen to interview people who will add diversity to our team. We do not require degree-level formal education.
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
Applications close at midnight on the closing date. We aim to interview successful candidates on the week commencing 25 November 2019.
Submit your CV and cover letter by midnight on the closing date.
Your cover letter should be no longer than 500 words, and explain how your experience matches the criteria we’re looking for. We welcome links to examples of your work, but this is not a requirement. Your CV should not be longer than 2 pages.
Please note that any successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com