Date Added: 29 October 2019
: 29 November 2019
Job Title: Public Relations Intern
Working For: Bridge International Academies
Salary: National Minimum Wage
THIS JOB PAYS NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR 35 HOUR WEEK, BASED ON AN EIGHT HOUR DAY.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND WE MAY APPOINT BEFORE THE DEADLINE.
Who Are Bridge?
Bridge partners with governments, communities, teachers, and families to deliver great schools and high-quality affordable education to underserved families and children.
About the Role
If you’re a self-starter interested in working for an international education social enterprise and you’re keen to learn about public relations - we need you! This job reports to the Vice-President of Public Relations, based in our London office.
- To effectively promote and defend the reputation of the organisation;
- To draft, copy-edit and publish media;
- Support the wider PR Team in London and overseas;
- To maintain our media coverage log and stakeholder map;
- To engage in planning and delivery across the whole communications spectrum, including contribution to the delivery of major campaigns, and the regional rollout of communications strategies;
- To play a role in ensuring that all communication is of an appropriately high standard, consistent with brand and key messages; and,
- Video and photo-editing skills are desirable but not essential.
What You Will Do
- Support the PR team with their daily work, taking ownership of and managing projects where possible;
- Frequent research, drafting/writing and copy-editing;
- Create, edit and prepare content to be published on social media channels;
- Track and share trends and digital marketing developments, translating these in to creative advantage;
- Map and prioritise external contacts within the media, and external stakeholders;
- Prepare and place media spokespeople into broadcast and print news media;
- Contribute to internal communication content and stakeholder news content;
- Help collate and organise compelling content;
- Draft press releases, blogs and support the creation of news content;
- Participation in regular team meetings; and,
- Keep up to date with Bridge work globally.
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
- Apply with covering letter and CV
- If successful, interview by phone
- If successful, a short written exercise from home
- If successful, interview in Central London
Commence Jan 2020 for six-months.
Please email a CV and a cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.org — please read Interview and Start Dates Details before applying.
Your covering letter should state why you are interested in this position and tell us about your suitability for this role.
Include your full name in the title of the documents you send.