Date Added: 31 October 2019
: 6 December 2019
Job Title: Public Relations (PR) and Communications Training Programme
Working For: The Taylor Bennett Foundation and FTI Consulting
Salary: £269.50 per week plus travelcard for London
The Taylor Bennett Foundation is a charity that exists to encourage black, Asian and ethnic minority (BAME) graduates to pursue a career in communications. We do this through our award-winning training programme, and internship and mentoring programmes.
Established by communications executive search firm Taylor Bennett in partnership with the University of East London in 2008, the Foundation seeks to address the need for greater diversity in the Public Relations industry.
Our award-winning paid PR Training Programme is a ten week full-time training course in Public Relations (PR) and Communications, designed to equip participants with relevant skills to work in the PR and corporate communications industry.
There are a number of programmes each year, each sponsored by a different PR or communications agency. Our current sponsors are: Brunswick Group, Finsbury and FTI Consulting.
This programme is sponsored by FTI Consulting’s Strategic Communications practice. Over the 10 weeks, the programme will be split across two locations, London (9 weeks) and the Brussels office (1 week).
The programme combines practical workshops with regular writing and presenting tasks, to provide extensive industry insight and allow the development of specific skills. Tasks on the programme include:
- Strategic Communications Workshops, including an introduction to Financial Communications, transactions (IPO and M&A), Investor & Media Relations, Public Affairs and Crisis Communications
- Presenting - presenting campaigns and research topics to a variety of audiences.
- Writing tasks - Conducting daily newspaper summaries of the broadsheets, mid-market tabloids and the red tops. Writing regular press releases and maintaining a blog which looks at prominent issues and case-studies within the industry.
- Visits: Weekly visits take place with a variety of agencies and in-house communication’s teams.
- Training courses via the CIPR and PRCA
Full details about the PR Training programme and how to apply can be found via the Taylor Bennett Foundation website - https://www.taylorbennettfoundation.org/pr-training-programme-candidates
Closing Date: 6 December 2019
Deadline: 5.00pm on the closing date
Assessment day: 10th January 2020
Programme starts: 20th January for 10 weeks
Applications for our winter programme are now open. To apply, you will need to complete our winter programme application form -https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe29jst9kI3nHinDnWmnEGgy8PBZHv6p1Nr89_LBUnih0_BUg/viewform