Date Added: 2 November 2019
: 22 November 2019
Job Title: Media and Press Officer
Working For: Muslim Council of Britain
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 (depending on experience)
Full job details: https://mcb.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Media-Officer-JD-Maternity-Cover.pdf
To support the Communications and Media team by co-ordinating all media-related activities with
both external and internal stakeholders.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the media inbox and deal with new media enquiries as per specified protocol
- Answer phone calls and email enquiries from journalists
- Draft press releases both reactively and proactively
- Proactively phone or email journalists regarding press releases and activities and maintain regular relationships
- Draft letters, speeches and OpEds, if required.
- Maintaining a contacts database of key media contacts and experts
- Proof-read all media statements before they are released
- Arrange for spokespeople to speak to the media
- Occasionally be on call to deal with urgent media enquiries outside of normal working hours
- Support the MCB's wider projects and campaigns with media support
- Manager Digital media output including but not restricted to: managing content on the MCB websites via Wordpress CMS, managing content on the MCB social media platforms – this includes liaising on design, some creation and planning for increased reach, and managing content on the MCB mailchimp account, including monthly newsletter
- Draft communications policy and procedures when required to ensure smooth running of department.
- Lead on Comms scheduling, and proactively engage on problem solving, innovating ideas and putting forward suggestions on what we should be pursuing/commissioning and when.
- Prepare summary reports for senior management as and when required.
- Carrying out other tasks as may be reasonably requested by your line manager
- Support the work of the Public Affairs Department as and when needed
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
The deadline for applications is 9.30am on the closing date, however applications will be
assessed on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged.
Please submit your CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements set out in the
job description, to firstname.lastname@example.org