Date Added: 4 November 2019
: 31 December 2019
Job Title: Events Project Manager
Working For: Dods Group Plc
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Dods are looking for a new Events Project Manager to join their team and lead on all UK political events, from inception to completion.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong interest and understanding of UK politics and process, is hard-working and organised, with excellent attention to detail and time management skills. This could be someone from a public affairs background, who has experience working with clients, and putting on political events or someone who has an events background, with an interest in politics.
• To project manage events for clients; including parliamentary receptions and roundtables, awards ceremonies and conferences, primarily in the UK, and occasionally in Brussels.
• To project manage fringe events at the annual political Party Conferences. The candidate must be available to attend each conference taking place in September and October 2020.
• To meet agreed plans and timelines, and to ensure the smooth running of events from conception to delivery.
• To create and maintain relationships with clients, politicians, and internal and external stakeholders; meeting and managing expectations as part of this.
• Lead on client meetings and calls up to and post event
• To undertake political and stakeholder mapping into appropriate attendees
• To undertake research into appropriate political and stakeholder speakers
• To draft speaker invitations, briefing documents & copy for all event promotion
• To invite all attendees and manage all RSVPs, via our online bespoke registration site
The successful applicant will have:
• Previous experience in a client facing role
• Ability to multi-task and work on a range of events and projects at any one time
• Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
• Confidence in using social media, updating websites and a good knowledge of MS Office
• Availability for occasional evening/weekend work
• Availability to organise/attend events outside of London and on an overnight basis
• Two years’ experience working in events
• Previous experience working or volunteering for a Parliamentarian or Political Party
Closing Date: 31 December 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis from 11 November and we are looking for an immediate start where possible.
Please be aware, we may appoint someone before the closing date.
For more information and a full description of the role see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDO-3bIK6d40Z4stfkGDizMcST4zpZ3_/view
To apply, please send your CV and short covering note which outlines why you want this role and detailing your experience.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Client Events Team – Events Project Manager Application” in the subject line of the email.
Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.