Date Added: 4 November 2019
: 24 November 2019
Job Title: EU Policy Coordinator / EU Policy Executive
Working For: DeHavilland
Salary: £23,868/£26,000 plus bonuses
DeHavilland is looking for a Policy Executive and Policy Coordinator to join its EU Team. The Executive role will be leading on infrastructure, energy and environmental policy. The Coordinator is a junior position that plays a supportive role across the team.
At DeHavilland, our Executives are the eyes and ears for our clients of what is going on in the EU. They provide live information and intelligence to help clients understand how the world of politics and policy impacts them.
We want our Executives to become experts in their field and look to give them plenty of opportunities to help them get there.
We have a very clear career path in place for people from day one, and because we’re part of Ascential, the specialist global information company, we have great benefits as well as a fantastic office in Savoy Court.
Your key responsibilities:
• Provide political intelligence and information to clients as it happens as well as in daily/weekly reports
• Produce ad-hoc research for customers
• Responsibility for the everyday management of your accounts, making sure that all aspects of service delivery meet client expectations and records are adequately kept
• A strong knowledge of EU policies and the political process
• Completed degree in EU affairs, political science or equivalent
• Experience of working in a political/public affairs role, ideally in Brussels. Experience working in the Parliament or Commission is desirable.
• Experience of building and developing excellent relationships
Your skills and attributes:
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights and perspective on EU institutional/industry/civil society reports
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
We very much see the Coordinator role as an “apprenticeship” to becoming a Policy Executive and many of our current Executives have been Coordinators. Hence, we do not expect them to have quite as much experience as someone applying for the Executive role.
Closing Date: 24 November 2019
Interviews will be held throughout November and we are able to do first interviews over Skype if needed. We are looking for someone to start in January 2020.
Please address your application to Arran Russell and send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email needs to clearly state "EU Policy Executive Application" or “EU Policy Coordinator Application” depending on which role you wish to apply for.