Date Added: 5 November 2019
: 5 January 2020
Job Title: Conference Producer
Working For: IQPC
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 plus profit-share
The Defence IQ Business is one of IQPCs most established divisions within IQPC, with around 50 events being run each year across the globe in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. The role has a great deal of scope for international travel.
About the Role
In this role, you will specialise in business research, project management and building relationships with international military services and senior business executives. You will be working on international stage 1 & large scale events but also be targeted on establishing launch products with the division’s leadership.
- Extensive business research, written and verbal communication
- Strategy and project management responsibilities
- Researching and structuring commercial conference agendas
- Inviting high level speakers from the defence sector to speak at events
- Delivering marketing strategies by formulating marketing copy and media partner relationships
- Working closely with and briefing the delegate and sponsorship sales team, directing and supporting them throughout each campaign
- Working closely with all clients – speakers, sponsors and delegates - to ensure the smooth running of Defence events from product development right through to the event itself
- Ensuring that conferences run to schedule and within budget
- Previous conference production experience or a good degree with some solid commercial experience
- High commercial acumen
- Confidence and an ability to customer face
- The ability to assimilate complex information quickly
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to sell an original idea to senior managers
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Entrepreneurial with creative flair
- A high degree of interest in current business issues and industry trends
Please note: This is an end-to-end project management role with a high dependency on leadership and customer-facing skills. Please do not apply if you are you not comfortable with this!
We do not place a strict timeframe on promotion and all successful team members have the opportunity to fast track in to a Senior Producer role and take on more responsibilities as soon as they are ready.
Closing Date: 5 January 2020
Please follow this link to apply for the position: https://apply.workable.com/iqpc-2/j/4CD234EDFC/apply/