Date Added: 5 November 2019
: 20 November 2019
Job Title: Programme and Events Coordinator
Working For: Royal Academy of Culinary Arts' Adopt a School Trust
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our small team in a unique and varied role as Programme and Events Coordinator.
Founded in 1990, the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts’ Adopt a School Trust (AAS) is a national charity delivering food education in schools. The Adopt a School team, members of The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, and those in the hospitality industry trained by us, work with a local school with the aim of passing on their knowledge and expertise. Our vision is that every child learns about food in a holistic sense and has the confidence to eat well, be healthy and happy. Our programme helps children to develop healthy eating habits and encourages an enthusiasm and interest in food and cooking, as well as giving an insight into the hospitality industry.
To provide programme and events support to the Adopt a School Programme Director and members of the Adopt a School team.
1. Programme coordination
2. Event Coordination
3. Press and communications
4. Assist with financial administration
5. Other administrative duties
- An ability and willingness to undertake, and deal effectively, with a variety of office and financial administrative tasks;
- Demonstrable experience in event organisation and promotion;
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Good written communication, ideally with experience of writing press releases, updating social media in a professional capacity and creating promotional written material;
- Well-developed organisation skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database Management. Some experience of using Survey Monkey, Google Forms, Mailchimp and of editing websites (ideally Wordpress) would be desirable.
- Be able to work on own initiative, and as part of a small team;
- A proactive and flexible self-starter with a strong desire to learn;
- Be able to work some flexible hours including attending occasional evening meetings/events;
- Passionate about delivering a good food education to children.
Closing Date: 20 November 2019
Closing time: 5pm
Interview Dates: Week commencing Monday 25th November
Start date: January 2020 or ASAP
Email email@example.com for a full job description and personal specification.
To apply, please send your CV and tailored cover letter (max. 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include your interest in Adopt a School and relevant experience, in line with the job description and personal specification.
The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts’ Adopt a School Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of any characteristic protected by the Equality Act 2010.