Date Added: 7 November 2019
: 15 November 2019
Job Title: Finance and Office Manager
Working For: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. In keeping with its namesake, it is committed to the thought and action of the socialist activist Rosa Luxemburg.
Our work seeks to support emancipatory political actors, and help forge alternative social models founded on democratic socialist values. We support activities that critically engage with economic politics, EU integration, feminism, migration, anti-fascism, and history. We work to promote peace, democracy, social justice, and democratic socialism.
We have just opened a new office in London and are now recruiting a Finance- and Office Manager to join our small team.
Tasks will include
- establish a set of books and accounting systems which accurately and fairly reflect all the financial affairs of the foundation in accordance with a) generally accepted accounting principles and practices, b) the requirements of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung in Berlin, Germany, c) the requirements of the German government as the foundation's donor;
- assist, consult, and give advice to project partners on all financial matters in respect of the cooperation;
- monitor and evaluate, on a regular basis, the financial reports and spending activities of all projects funded by the foundation;
- communicate and cooperate with the foundation's auditors as well as with the financial department and other officers of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung in Berlin, Germany;
- prepare, in cooperation with the RLS accountants, all financial reports required by a) British authorities, b) the German government as the foundation's donor, c) the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung in Berlin, Germany
- ensure that the foundation complies with tax and labour legislation
- Managing office maintenance and relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, including budgeting and invoice controlling
- Ordering office supplies, necessary general/IT equipment
- Managing general office expenses and office inventory
- Handling distribution of publications (courier/post office)
- Managing framework contracts for various services
- Organizational support for the organization of events/travel bookings and preparation of fee contracts
Please see website link for requirements and how to apply. http://www.rosalux.de/en/advertisement/id/41183/finance-and-office-manager-vauxhall-london/
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Job interviews will take place on 28 and 29 November in London by email invitation.
The starting date is the 1st of January 2020
Please send your detailed job application, in English, including a motivation letter (1-2 pages), CV, university diploma or other relevant professional certificates and two references by email (preferably in one file) under the subject JOB APPLICATION to: Deborah.email@example.com