Date Added: 6 November 2019
: 22 November 2019
Job Title: Senior Policy Adviser, Public Sector Markets
Working For: The Confederation of British Industry
Salary: £32,000 to £38,000
Based at our Cannon Place office in London, the Senior Policy Adviser for Public Sector Markets will lead our policy and campaigns on a wide range of topics, from embedding social value into more public sector contracts to ensuring major projects are delivered on time and on budget. The role also involves supporting our members in the defence sector to shape government policy and invest in the UK.
Developing the CBI’s policy messages on public sector markets:
- Demonstrating a strong grasp of the issues affecting public sector markets including public procurement, contract management and the broader political context.
- Working with CBI members to continually develop policy positions, including managing competing business and commercial interests to produce policy positions with broad support from a wide range of public sector suppliers.
- Working on discrete projects (e.g. policy briefs, reports, consultation responses), using project management skills to track progress, manage risk and measure success.
- Proactively campaigning to champion the value of business in the delivery of public services and infrastructure.
- Drafting and presenting papers for the CEO-level Public Sector Partners Council, which meets quarterly and brings together a broad coalition of organisations working within the public sector marketplace
- Drafting effective internal briefings for senior meetings which demonstrate the ability to translate a complex policy area into key headline messages
- Working in collaboration with the Cabinet Office to ensure the effective implementation of key commercial policies, and to prepare CBI members for future policy changes.
Building strong internal and external relationships, including:
- Acting as a first point of contact within the CBI for members, staff, and other stakeholders on public procurement policy, including advising your line manager and director
- Meeting regularly with officials in key government departments and agencies, including the Cabinet Office, Crown Commercial Service and the Department for Culture, Media & Sport.
- Proactively working with colleagues across the directorate and other teams to fully exploit synergies with other policy areas, as well as commercial, membership and media opportunities
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with 'SPA – Public Sector' as the subject.