Date Added: 13 November 2019
: 10 December 2019
Job Title: Monitoring Consultant - German Speaking
Working For: Dods Parliamentary Communications
Salary: £23,000 raising to £25,000 after 6 months
Dods is looking for a full-time Monitoring Consultant to become part of our German Political Monitoring team based in London.
Dods Politisches Monitoring is a specialist political information service which combines search technology and intelligent human filtering that enables clients to track, monitor and evaluate the latest political and legislative developments in Germany.
The role involves:
• Monitoring political and legislative developments in Germany;
• Filtering and selecting information in accordance with clients’ requirements and providing them with all relevant political information;
• Managing content and sources, including use of specialist software;
• Alerting clients on key political and legislative developments;
• Preparing and editing weekly political agendas;
• Preparing and editing weekly summaries of the week’s main political events;
• Producing summaries on parliamentary debates and committee meetings;
• Conducting ad-hoc research for clients;
• Acting as a contact person for clients, providing assistance on content-related questions;
• Presenting the service to prospects, working closely with the Senior Monitoring Consultants and the commercial team.
The jobholder reports to the Team Leader. The Monitoring Consultant works closely with the commercial team in order to acquire new clients and manage the service for existing clients.
• Academic background related to German politics, good knowledge of legislative procedures in Germany;
• Knowledge of health or tax policies an asset;
• German mother tongue (or equivalent) plus excellent written and spoken English skills;
• Commercial awareness;
• Accuracy, attention to detail;
• Ability to prioritise;
• Meeting deadlines and providing a high-quality service, even when working under pressure;
• Flexible, reliable, good team player.
Closing Date: 10 December 2019
Interviews will be held w/c 16 December 2019.
Start date: 15 January 2020 or shortly after.
Please send your CV and a covering letter (in German and English) to Aurelie Wielchuda email@example.com, explaining what you would bring to the role as Monitoring Consultant.