Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important policy issues for Wales being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
• Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
• Important occasions for policymakers in the National Assembly, Welsh Government and Wales Office, those affected by the issues and other interested parties.
• Demanding but rewarding
• Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
• Following latest policy developments and news and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
• Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars
• Liaising with speakers and chairs
• Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Cardiff and elsewhere in Wales
What we’re looking for:
• Competent or fluent communicating in the Welsh language
• A quick learner
• Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism and public affairs
• Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
• Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints
• Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 85-strong team is always on hand.
• The Policy Forum for Wales is a division of Westminster Forum Projects, a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy
• Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups
• Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasional work in Cardiff and other conference locations.
• An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities for career progression for the right candidates.
• People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.