Date Added: 16 November 2019
: 6 December 2019
Job Title: Events and Communications Officer
Working For: British Expertise International
British Expertise International is seeking an ambitious and pro-active full-time events and communications officer to join our growing team. This is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of active discussions between business, UK government, and international counterparts at a critical time. You will learn about many issues related to trade, infrastructure, international development and politics, and develop invaluable relationships and networks. In this role you will be responsible supporting the development, management and delivery of BEI’s communications and events plan, outlined below.
- Researching event topics and speakers as required
- Event management support including, guest lists, event promotion, set up, etc.
- Acting as Front of House for events
- Engaging with members at events
- Writing and editing communications and promotions
- Support in delivering BEI’s communications strategy, including brand consistency and generating engaging content
- Communications outputs, including events promotion, social media engagement and website content
- Engaging with senior stakeholders, including government bodies
- Ad hoc administrative support - as part of a small team it will be necessary to assist in a variety of tasks, as and when required.
• The candidate will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above), have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have an interest in the business world and current affairs.
• Strong organisational skills and a proactive, can-do attitude
• Strong research skills
• Demonstrable experience and interest in marketing and communications
• Good practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
• A good understanding of the UK political system and the civil service
• Interest in trade relations or international development
• Some experience with CRM systems (Salesforce training will be provided
Contract: Six-month contract with possibility of full time offer
Status: Right to work in the UK
Closing Date: 6 December 2019
Interviews will take places w/c 9 December 2019.
Start date: Mid-January 2020
Applicants should send their CV and one- page cover letter to Alex at email@example.com
If you have not heard from us by 20th December your application has been unsuccssful.