Date Added: 23 November 2019
: 11 December 2019
Job Title: Policy Officer
Working For: Stroke Association
Location: Location Flexible - Office based (Weekly travel to London)
Salary: Salary circa £26,000 pa (National), Circa £29,000 pa (Including £3,299 inner London weighting), Circa £27,500 pa (Including Outer London Weighting)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Policy and Influencing team in London.
Reporting to the Policy Manager, the Policy Officer is responsible for leading the development, maintenance and communication of UK-wide, evidence-based policy on key issues affecting those affected by or at risk of stroke. Working closely with the Policy Manager and the wider Prevention, Policy & Influencing team, they will consult with internal and external experts as well as stroke survivors as part of the policy development process. A confident communicator, the Policy Officer helps to embed policy understanding across our organisation, and seeks to influence others through sharing our insight and understanding with external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing UK-wide, evidence-based policy positions and briefings on key issues important to those affected by stroke
- Supporting delivery of influencing priorities across the UK
- Ensuring our views influence external activity through stakeholder engagement and responding to consultations
You will have:
- Experience of developing evidence-based policy
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in a clear, accessible way to a range of audiences and expertise
- Experience of developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Closing Date: 11 December 2019
Interview Date: 18 December 2019
To apply for this role please visit our jobs page https://www.stroke.org.uk/working-with-us/jobs