Date Added: 23 November 2019
: 18 December 2019
Job Title: Policy Coordinator
Working For: Conservative Environment Network
Salary: £28,000 pa
The Conservative Environment Network (CEN) is an independent forum, Parliamentary Caucus, and membership organisation for conservatives who support conservation and decarbonisation. We are looking for a driven individual to support the delivery of our ambitious programme of work.
2020 will be a major year for CEN. We will be campaigning for new climate policies to get us on track to net zero, championing ambitious environmental legislation and convening the global centre-right in Glasgow at COP26. At the same time, we will also be strengthening and expanding our network of conservative environmentalists.
This role is ideal for someone with a good understanding of UK politics and environment policy who has completed their first post-graduation job and is now looking to join a small, influential team working on one of the Government’s key policy areas.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with Ministers, Parliamentarians, advisers, and Councillors working on environment policy. They will help craft and support high-profile campaigns that aim to enhance the natural environment and tackle climate change. They will draw on existing analysis and policy ideas, rather than doing original research.
The main focus of the role will be giving policy advice to CEN’s Parliamentary Caucus and Councillor network. There will also be additional elements to the role including:
- Drafting briefing notes ahead of parliamentary debates
- Curating and presenting well-researched policy ideas to the CEN Caucus and Councillor Network
- Drafting policy notes on different local environmental issues for the CEN Councillor network
- Drafting op-eds on current environmental policy issues
- Keeping up to date on and researching policy developments
- Representing CEN at policy roundtables
- Engaging with centre-right think tanks on energy and environment policy
- Building a personal network of centre-right policymakers to inform policy advice to CEN
- Supporting the rest of the CEN team when required
- A belief in and passion for conservative environmentalism
- Previous experience of working in Parliament and/or environment policy
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small team and who can work independently
- Good interpersonal and writing skills and a strong academic record are essential
Closing Date: 18 December 2019
Interviews will be held shortly after the application closing date. We are looking for candidates to start in January 2020.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to Sam Hall, Director of CEN, at firstname.lastname@example.org