Date Added: 23 November 2019
: 16 December 2019
Job Title: International Programmes Manager
Working For: Conservative Environment Network
Salary: Competitive and based on experience
CEN is an independent forum, Parliamentary Caucus, and membership organisation for conservatives who support conservation and decarbonisation. We are looking for a driven individual to support CEN’s Director in delivering an ambitious international programme in the run-up to the UNFCCC COP26 in Glasgow next year.
2020 will be a major year for CEN. We will be campaigning for new climate policies to get us on track to net zero, championing ambitious environmental legislation and convening the global centre-right at COP26.
This role is ideal for someone with strong experience of and interest in environmental politics and policy both in the UK and internationally. The ideal candidate will be passionate about making the UK’s Presidency of COP26 a success, building a global network of conservative environmentalists, and working as part of a small, influential team.
The role will involve:
- Supporting the CEN Caucus to deliver local climate summits in their constituencies and briefing them so they can play a central role
- Building an extensive network of conservative environmentalists in other countries, particularly France and Germany
- Ensuring CEN convenes the global conservative environmentalist movement at COP26 in support of an ambitious outcome
- Supporting the Director to design, fundraise for, and deliver a series of high-profile events at COP26
- Representing CEN at relevant planning meetings for COP26
- Working with the Director to design and execute a comprehensive communications plan to ensure the prominence of conservative environmentalist narratives
- Keeping up to date on developments in international climate policy and politics
- Using COP26 to make new connections and lay the foundations for establishing CEN chapters in other countries
- Supporting the rest of the CEN team and its domestic programmes when required
- A belief in and passion for conservative environmentalism
- Previous experience of working on climate policy is essential
- Experience of international climate policy is desirable
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small team and who can work independently
- Good writing skills and a strong academic record
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form and maintain extensive stakeholder networks
Find out more: https://www.cen.uk.com/our-jobs
Closing Date: 16 December 2019
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date. We may start interviewing candidates before the close of applications. We are looking for candidates to start in early 2020.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to Sam Hall, Director of CEN, at firstname.lastname@example.org