Date Added: 25 November 2019
: 9 December 2019
Job Title: Media Officer
Working For: Teach First
Salary: £28,009 + £3,000 London Weighting Allowance.
To build a fair education for all, we need to unlock the potential in all children – not just some. Together, we’re making it happen. Every day, our work takes us closer to a better future. But we need to do more. It’s a big challenge – and we need your help to take it on.
As the Media officer, you will work as part of the wider External Relations Team, which is responsible for managing the external influence of the charity. You will position Teach First as a leading voice on education issues, raise awareness of the issues in education we care about, the policy ideas that could solve them - all while encouraging more people to start a career in teaching through our programme.
- Do you have experience of working in a busy press office, a track record in delivering media coverage to meet campaign aims and an eye for a story?
- Can you build relationships with journalists and stakeholders to support and promote our work?
- Do you understand the political and policy climate and how media can support campaigns to further the organisation’s aims?
- Do you have a proactive attitude and determination to end inequality in education?
- Do you have experience in building and using audience insight to inform press campaigns?
- Do you have experience of successfully using social media to support media and communications campaigns?
Yes to the above? Then we want to hear from you. You might be our next Media officer.
Take a look at the job description on our website and then complete an application on our careers website. Make sure you’ve got your CV and cover letter showing how you meet our essentials ready to upload.
Closing Date: 9 December 2019
First-round interviews will be on Monday 16th December and second-round interviews on Wednesday 18th December.
To apply for a vacancy at Teach First you are required to complete an application on our careers website.
If you are applying via an external job board you will be redirected to our careers website where you should complete your application. We will not progress any applications that have not been submitted in this way.