Date Added: 3 December 2019
: 31 January 2020
Job Title: Corporate Communications Assistant
Working For: ICAEW
Salary: Circa £23,000
ICAEW’s Corporate Communications team has an exciting new role available that combines media and communications, at the centre of finance and business, in the heart of the City of London.
Our small, close-knit team sits within the Communications and Brand Department. We work collaboratively with public affairs and others across the institute to ensure that ICAEW’s external messaging is coherent, consistent and supports our strategic objectives.
We are looking for somebody to support us in planning and delivering this activity to our members, external stakeholders and the media.
Your role will include:
- Assisting the media team in maintaining media lists, fielding calls and creating evaluation reports.
- Helping research and draft news releases and briefing materials for media interviews, uploading relevant documents onto the ICAEW website.
- Supporting our strategic communications planning, maintaining an up-to-date forward look of key announcements and events for the team.
- Helping to develop and maintain ICAEW’s social media presence on our key corporate channels (e.g. Twitter) by sourcing content from across the team and ensuring posts are on message and brand.
- In conjunction with colleagues in Social Media, monitoring and ‘listening’ to our social media channels so we can harness opportunities to strengthen our reputation and influence, and mitigate any potential risks.
- Supporting the delivery of ICAEW’s flagship corporate events, including the annual dinner and President’s dinner.
- Supporting the production of ICAEW’s Annual Review and other corporate-level print and digital content.
To be considered for this role, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- An interest in news and current affairs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding of social media.
- An ability to research, analyse and present complex information in an accessible way.
- A team player, able to work with others to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and good attention to detail.
- Communications experience is desirable, but not essential.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Interview dates will be offered upon receipt of suitable applications.
If the appropriate candidate is found, we may appoint before the closing date.
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com. In the subject field, please include the role title and “for the attention of Natalie Mallett, Human Resources Department."