Date Added: 10 December 2019
: 31 January 2020
Job Title: Head of Government Affairs
Working For: a client of Hanson Search
This well-respected trade association has an excellent opportunity for an experienced government affair’s professional with knowledge of financial services or health to join them as head of government affairs.
In this role, you will be aiming to reinforce the trade associations strong position in the market. Also, influence policy in a manner that is beneficial to its corporate strategy and in the interests of its members.
- Responsible for maintaining a pro-active approach in external relations strategies.
- Control of the development and implementation of external relations
- Develop and manage a governmental relations plan utilising support from professional services personnel/marketing and sales as appropriate
- Establish networks with regulatory bodies, agencies and associations and actively manage ongoing relationship
- Liaise closely with members to improve government relations, media and external communications drafting briefing papers and scripts as appropriate
- Provide advice and guidance to other departments on high profile cases to ensure the interests of the Trade associations and members are protected
- Support the Chairman, Chief Executive, Professional Services Director and others in the production of documents and correspondence of strategic importance to the trade association
- Source of advice and expertise to internal stakeholders, and training resource for advisers on policy matters that affect the trade associations services to members
- Initiate and act where appropriate on policy issues in the absence of the trade associations executive
- Ability to combine flair, initiative and dynamism with a practical approach
- Should be able to think strategically and be able to negotiate successfully
- Thorough knowledge of UK and Ireland political and parliamentary processes and an understanding of political audiences are crucial
- Excellent communication skills and representational skills together with significant experience in all aspects of external relations are essential
- Should have a good educational background, preferably with a degree and further qualifications in a relevant subject and a proven track record
- Familiarity with medico-legal concepts and terminology is essential, as is a detailed understanding of the trade associations and its operations
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to showcase their skills at a very well-respected trade association. If the role is of interest, please send your CV through to Peter Ferguson at email@example.com