Date Added: 11 December 2019
: 7 February 2020
Job Title: Events & Marketing Officer
Working For: Upstream (Partnership for Growth & Innovation)
Upstream is an agile spin-out, formed from a partnership between Hammersmith and Fulham and Imperial College London. Our objective is to help turn Hammersmith and Fulham into a leading borough for the science, tech and creative industries and transform White City into an innovation district - as set out in the borough's industrial strategy.
One of the ways we are seeking to knit our target businesses and organisations together is through events; these can range from a start-up clinic with experts and selected start-ups, sector specific meetups (e.g. creative, deep tech), monthly talks on raising investment, pitching and around key dates in the calendar e.g. London Tech week. Digital marketing is key to growing and keeping in touch with our community and stakeholders so solid social media experience or the willingness to learn quickly is critical.
If you have an interest in fast-growing businesses and are an incredibly organised individual, then do join us at the Partnership for Growth and Innovation ('Upstream').
- Event Planning, Delivery & Communications
- Assist with the planning and delivery of innovative and creative events that are beneficially for our stakeholders and raise the profile of the partnership
- Responsibility for planning and delivering Upstream’s social media, in particular Twitter.
- Help with other content creation and communication of events to relevant audiences - drafting newsletters, website, and other collateral as required, including blogs and event programmes.
- Manage and oversee events, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
Essential: Undergraduate Degree.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Event management background.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Social media experience a definite advantage or be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn quickly.
- A self-starter who heeds guidance and steer but also uses their imagination, creativity and initiative to deliver results.
Closing Date: 7 February 2020
Interviews will take place w/c 17 February, job to commence 30 March 2020.
APPLY HERE: https://careers.newjob.org.uk/LBHF/job/Hammersmith-Events-and-Marketing-Officer-LBHF17768-HMF/572870701/
Please note: this is a 21-month contract.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Prema Gurunathan on 07904 955343 or via email: email@example.com