Date Added: 13 December 2019
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Senior Policy Officer
Working For: London Higher
Salary: c.£35,000 p.a.
About London Higher
London Higher is an ‘umbrella’ body representing over 40 publicly funded universities and higher education institutions in London, as well as several universities with centres in London and a small number of private providers.
Our outputs are diverse and include research reports, promotional material, meetings and workshops, parliamentary lobbying, media management and receptions. We also run a wide range of advisory groups and networks.
In addition we work closely with partner organisations including the GLA, London First, the business sector and higher education bodies.
London Higher offers a range of company-wide benefits including flexible working, work from home days and flexible start and finish times.
About the role
This post will play a key role in gathering intelligence, and analysing and interpreting evidence on HE policy for London from multiple sources. In addition the post holder will be the lead research and data contact for London Higher and will also have line management responsibilities.
This new role would suit an experienced and enthusiastic policy officer, with excellent research, communications and advocacy skills, who is looking to progress their career.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, analysing and interpreting evidence on HE policy from a range of sources to inform and support aims and priorities of London Higher and its member institutions.
- Directly manage policy and research projects and outputs in line with London Higher’s campaigns, priorities and objectives.
- Draft high quality, evidence based briefing documents, consultation responses, reports and publications on relevant issues and that also can be targeted (adapted as may be required) for a variety of audiences.
- Proactively advising and providing briefings on developments in HE policy, legislation, regulation, best practice and data/research that are relevant to London Higher and/or will impact on member HE institutions;
- Be the lead information, data and research contact for London Higher.
- Line management responsibility for the Research and Information Officer.
Please visit the London Higher wesbite for futher information including a Job Description and Person Specification for the post: https://www.londonhigher.ac.uk/senior-policy-officer/
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Closing time: 4pm. We will not be able to consider any applications received after this deadline.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Monday 27 January 2020.
For details on how to apply please visit: https://www.londonhigher.ac.uk/senior-policy-officer/