Date Added: 17 December 2019
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Director
Working For: RAMP - Resettlement, Asylum and Migration Policy
Director - RAMP Project
- The Director of the RAMP Project will lead the organisation, shaping its strategy and ensuring its smooth running, including:
- Building on existing funding and securing new funders to provide the resources beyond 2020 and grow its scope
- Leading and managing the RAMP Parliamentary team (currently 4 advisers), providing support, guidance and coaching as necessary.
- Facilitating a collaborative working approach and ensuring the team of advisors have the tools and relationships to stay abreast of parliamentary developments and key legislation.
- Establishing and managing the operations of the new organisation, including HR, Finance, IT, branding and communications
- Working closely with the Executive Chair, Board of Directors and RAMP Principals to set the Project’s strategic direction, plan objectives and drive the organisation to achieve these objectives.
- Maintaining and growing strong networks of relationships, particularly with RAMP Principals, key parliamentarians and city leaders from across different political parties, civil society and sector organisations, businesses and trade organisations
Person Specification - Personal skills
- High levels of drive, energy and determination
- Ability to balance responsiveness to opportunities with a focus on strategic goals
- Initiative, good problem-solving skills and an ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing context
- Sound judgement
- Excellent people skills with an ability to relate well to a wide variety of people and organisations
- Demonstrable belief in and commitment to the power of working collaboratively with people who may hold different views to yourself
- Great communication skills
Practical experience - Essential
- Experience of fundraising, particularly with high net worth individuals and businesses
- Experience of working in a political context (e.g. Parliament, local government) or a similar environment where the candidate will have developed an understanding of the importance of political context
- Experience of managing teams
- Experience of influencing public policy and/or running campaigns
- Experience of setting up and/or running organisational systems
- Experience of working on migration-related issues
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Interviews for successful applications will take place on the 3rd and 4th February
Closin time for applications is 9am.
Part-time and flexible working considered. We’d be very happy to answer any specific questions relating to this role - please email us and we’ll get back to you asap. Applications should include a cover letter (max 1 page) and a CV. Please send applications by email to email@example.com and use ‘RAMP Director’ in the email subject line.