Date Added: 19 December 2019
: 15 January 2020
Job Title: Policy Analyst
Working For: The Russell Group of Universities
The Russell Group is currently seeking a Policy Analyst on a 12 month fixed-term contract/secondment (as maternity cover).
The postholder reports to the Head of Policy (Research and International) and the role involves:
- Undertaking analysis and research in the following policy areas:
- Research, including funding structures and research culture
- Innovation and the commercialisation of research
- Writing and contributing to high quality, persuasive and evidence-based briefing papers, consultation responses, reports and publications on relevant issues for a variety of audiences including government, member universities, and policymakers.
- Monitoring relevant policy developments to identify potential issues, opportunities, and challenges, and develop ideas for evidence-based policy solutions.
- Collecting and maintaining information about key activities and developments within Russell Group institutions which relate to our policy priorities.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they can manage and prioritise a challenging and varied portfolio of work, meet tight deadlines, pick up a range of topics quickly and with authority, and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in policy analysis and development (essential)
- Project management skills and experience of owning projects and ability to critically analyse policy issues and propose solutions - demonstrating political awareness and sensitivity to different viewpoint
- A high degree of attention to detail in producing persuasive, evidence-based conclusions across a range of complex policy issues and addressed to a range of audiences
- Experience of using a range of data sources to inform evidence-based policy development
- Experience of engaging with and influencing diverse and senior groups of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate diplomatically in person and in writing, including representing the organisation externally
- Direct experience of working in research and innovation policy is highly desirable
A full vacancy description is available from the Russell Group website: http://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/vacancies/
The post is based in Central London. Benefits include a generous career average pension and access to a subsidised canteen.
Closing Date: 15 January 2020
Closing time for all applications: 5pm
Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. If you have not heard by 31 January 2020 your application will not have been successful.
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Your CV including your current salary and two references
- A cover letter no more than two sides of A4 addressing the following:
- how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
- why you are interested in working for the Russell Group
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form - also available from our website (download button below Vacancy Description) - http://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/vacancies
For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul Purcell on 020 3816 1300.