Date Added: 21 December 2019
: 19 January 2020
Job Title: Senior Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator
Working For: Westco
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000
Westco is looking for a highly motivated Senior Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator. The role will be to provide a dedicated, high quality, efficient contribution to the delivery of client campaigns around housing and regeneration.
You will be expected to work internally and with our clients (e.g. Westminster City Council) providing communications and community engagement support. You will provide a tailored approach to communications ensuring that stakeholders at all levels are informed of and engaged with our clients’ plans.
You will work predominantly from Westco’s HQ on the 17th Floor at 64 Victoria Street, SW1. A portion of your time will be spent working with our client Westminster City Council’s housing and regeneration teams, also based at 64 Victoria Street, SW1.
This role will involve (but is not limited to):
• Leading project teams to effectively deliver engagement campaigns for clients
• Drafting communications material for newsletters, website, letters, posters and social media
• Content management of regeneration websites
• Mapping stakeholders
• Arranging regeneration workshops
• Developing communications and community engagement campaigns
• Monitoring social media and reporting on activity
• Offering strategic advice to clients around public consultation on regeneration projects
• Evaluating the effectiveness of community and stakeholder engagement activity.
You should have existing track-record and experience within an agency environment or government / third sector communications service, be adaptable, relentlessly enthusiastic, willing to learn and with an interest in developing within a diverse and growing account.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Understanding of the UK planning system and experience with housing or planning issues.
• Understanding of pre-planning consultation and how community engagement works in a UK context. Some understanding of global best practice would also be of benefit.
• Previous agency / client experience is preferred - with proven track record of office experience and processes including Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
• Understanding of advertising, communications and marketing practices.
• Excellent communications and organisational skills.
Closing Date: 19 January 2020
The successful candidate will begin in Feb/Mar 2020, depending on availabiilty
Please send a CV and covering letter to Harriet Shone at firstname.lastname@example.org.