Date Added: 21 December 2019
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Net Zero Policy Executive
Working For: The Environmental Industries Commission (EIC)
Salary: £29,000 per annum plus benefits
EIC is the main trade association for companies that are delivering environmental progress. In collaboration with its sister organisation, the Association for Consultancy & Engineering, EIC is undertaking a major piece of work on how infrastructure policy and practice needs to change to deliver the Government’s Net Zero target. This role is an exciting opportunity to work with leading business experts in this field and to make an important contribution to tackling the biggest issue of our times.
• Provide the principle policy support for the EIC/ACE Net Zero infrastructure work, including analysing infrastructure and carbon trends and Net Zero pathways.
• Acting as secretary to a Net Zero Infrastructure Task Force of senior business experts.
• Working with the EIC and ACE policy teams and other external analytical support to develop EIC proposals around Net Zero infrastructure.
• Liaising with wider low carbon stakeholders and representing EIC/ACE at external meetings.
• Supporting EIC’s wider environmental policy work as required.
• A degree or equivalent (Essential)in a relevant subject. (Desirable)
• Strong interest in climate change issues. (Essential)
• Experience of working on climate change and/or infrastructure issues or qualification in these areas. (Desirable)
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, including strong written English and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders. (Essential)
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations. (Desirable)
• Ability to organise, prioritise and schedule work assignments. (Essential)
• Ability to work in a team and to manage own workload. (Essential)
• Self-starter with a can-do attitude. (Essential)
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Please send CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be acknowledged.