Date Added: 21 December 2019
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Case Worker
Working For: Gillian Keegan MP (Chichester)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Gillian Keegan MP is looking for a constituency-based Caseworker to support her office. The role will be based in the constituency office in Chichester with periodic travel to Westminster and is best suited to a candidate with local knowledge. The candidate should be flexible and able to use their initiative to take on other tasks to assist the team when needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Deal with standard queries from members of the public
- Meet constituents in the constituency office
- Draft responses to constituents
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Undertake research and produce briefings into local and national issues
- Organise and attend surgeries as well as other meetings as appropriate
- Contribute to Gillian Keegan MP’s social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries and public meetings etc.
- Draft regular local and national articles, press releases and updates to the website
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Proficiency in modern IT collaboration tools including Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Skype is essential and a desired working knowledge of other programmes such as Adobe Rush, Canva and Premiere Pro
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills as the role involves effective teamworking with Gillian Keegan MP and the Westminster based staff
- Ability to prioritise own workload, as the role involves lone and remote working
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Start date is the beginning of February or as soon as possible. Please note the vacancy may be filled before the closing date as applications will be considered as they are received.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Caseworker Application in the subject title.