Date Added: 21 December 2019
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Health Team Leader/Senior Political Consultant
Working For: Dods
Salary: £30,000 rising to £32,000 following successful probation
Dods’ market-leading political intelligence service ensures our clients stay ahead of political developments. We provide fast, focused and comprehensive information and insight on the activities of government, legislatures and stakeholders to clients across a wide range of sectors.
As one of the most senior members of Dods Monitoring, you will take joint responsibility for the overall quality and smooth running of our UK political monitoring service.
You will lead our political intelligence efforts in the health sector, including providing daily written updates, commentary and ad-hoc longer written analysis pieces, as well as face-to-face client briefings.
You will take personal responsibility for a portfolio of clients, for whom you will be a primary trusted advisor, and manage a team of 3 political consultants, ensuring that all clients receive a superb service that they will wish to retain year after year.
You will have the opportunity to develop an external profile as a health policy expert in your own right, such as writing bylined articles and speaking opportunities.
You will help us to grow our business, using your political awareness and topic insight to identify key areas of client need and working with our sales teams to generate interest and demand.
Skills and experience needed
• Superb political awareness and insight, with understanding of policy and public affairs and knowledge of health policy
• A fluent and articulate communicator with excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• Ability to work quickly and responsively in a very fast-moving environment
• Line management – managing people and HR issues with sensitivity and professionalism, coaching and contributing actively to your direct reports’ personal and professional growth
• The ability to stay politically neutral, and an interest in developing your analytical skills
• Commercial awareness
• Strong service ethos and team player
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Start date: Ideally mid- to late January
Please send your CV with a covering letter that explains how your skills and experience match those outlined in the advert to firstname.lastname@example.org