Date Added: 28 December 2019
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Zarah Sultana MP (Coventry South)
Location: Coventry South
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Zarah Sultana MP is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join her new constituency team in Coventry South as a Senior Caseworker. As part of a team, the successful candidate will ensure that casework is progressed appropriately on behalf of the Member and will offer advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues. The successful candidate will operate in a demanding political environment and must possess the ability and motivation to respond to a large and varied workload and also be confident in supervising junior members of staff.
• Report to the Office Manager and supervise Caseworker(s) in liaising with constituents and Government and local agencies
• Supervising the Casework team to ensure that casework and constituency projects are recorded and progressed appropriately on behalf of the MP
• Deal with casework queries from members of the public
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure identified actions are take
• Ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and aware of trends
• Previous experience of casework, ideally for an MP, as well substantial experience working and dealing with the public is essential
• Knowledge of immigration, housing and the benefit system is essential
• Clear and concise writing style and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
• Self-starter with demonstrable initiative
• Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure
• Experience using Caseworker.mp software is desirable
• An awareness of the functions of a Parliamentary office
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
We aim to shortlist by 13th January and interviews will take place within the week. In your application, please state your availability to start.
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com with ‘Senior Caseworker Application’ in the email subject line.
Please also enclose the contact details of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.