Date Added: 1 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Neale Hanvey MP (Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales i.e. £19,641 - £28,804 pro rata per annum (depending on skills and experience).
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Neale Hanvey MP’s constituency team to support his work as the newly elected Member of Parliament for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath.
- Dealing with a high volume of constituency casework. This will involve handling daily enquiries from constituents and taking the appropriate action to resolve cases quickly and efficiently.
- Managing a varying caseload effectively.
- Drafting correspondence as required.
- Liaising regularly with the local authority, government agencies and departments, the voluntary sector and others.
- Ensuring office records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Working within the requirements of data protection legislation to ensure confidentiality and security of information is maintained.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Undertaking other administrative duties in support of the Member’s work as required.
Essential Competencies and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to produce a high standard of written work.
- A professional and confident telephone manner.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deal compassionately and respectfully with sensitive issues on behalf of constituents.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Educated to Higher level (or able to demonstrate equivalent ability).
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative within a small local constituency office.
Desirable Competencies and Experience
- Previous office experience.
- An interest in and general understanding of the political scene in Scotland.
- Knowledge of the local area.
This is a permanent position and full time or part time hours will be considered.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 23rd or Friday 24th January with a start date as soon as possible thereafter.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com