Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 25 January 2020
Job Title: Assistant
Working For: Lord Waverley
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Lord Waverley is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to assist with the smooth running of his parliamentary projects as well as providing occasional support to his business.
Working closely with Lord Waverley’s dedicated team, this is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter looking to be involved in all aspects of parliamentary and international affairs.
Ideally, the Assistant will work from Lord Waverley’s Parliamentary Office at Millbank, with occasional work from home. Lord Waverley is looking for a good administrator with an interest in Parliament and International Relations.
The main purpose of this role will be in supporting Lord Waverley with a number of exciting projects focused on foreign affairs and trade. This opportunity will provide an immersion into the world of Westminster, at one of the most interesting, yet turbulent periods in modern history.
- Research for and drafting of speeches, articles and correspondence.
- Managing all aspects of Social Media.
- Diary coordination.
- Receive guests and provide Parliamentary tours.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of Lord Waverley.
- All secretarial and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role the applicant should demonstrate:
- Good communication skills.
- Outstanding Social media skills.
- Experience of providing administrative support.
- A basic understanding of British Politics and the House of Lords with an ambition to develop this understanding.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Be organised, with the ability to work to deadlines.
This position should be seen as a development opportunity and therefore applicants concluding their A-Levels or University education are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 25 January 2020
Interviews will be held in Westminster at the end of January. The successful applicant will be asked to start work as soon as possible.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org