Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 15 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Jonathan Gullis, MP (Stoke-on-Trent North)
Location: Stoke-on-Trent North
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Jonathan Gullis MP is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join his new team as a Caseworker. As part of a team, the successful candidate will ensure that casework is progressed appropriately on behalf of the Member and will offer advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues. The successful candidate will operate in a demanding political environment and must possess the ability and motivation to respond to a large and varied workload.
The job would be a 6 month fixed contract with a 12 week probation period. If successful over the time period a permanent contract will then be offered.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Knowledge of immigration, local government, housing and Universal Credit is essential
- Clear and concise writing style
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
- Self-starter with demonstrable initiative
- Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 January 2020
Interview Date: Friday 24th January 2020
Please send your cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Caseworker Application’ in the email subject line.
Please also enclose the contact details of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.
14/01/2020 - PLEASE NOTE - the closing date has been changed from the 20th January to the 15th January at the request of the original advertiser.