Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 26 January 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Alzheimer's Research UK
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
• Work with Public Affairs Team to help further develop and implement the public affairs plan.
• Identify, develop and deliver proactive and reactive parliamentary activity to grow ARUK’s network of engaged, informed and supportive political stakeholders.
• Work across the policy and public affairs team to assist in developing tailored briefings and materials to further ARUK’s policy and public affairs ambitions.
• Keep abreast of the dementia research and political environments from national and international perspectives and use intelligence and insight to help inform the team’s work and direction.
• Provide analysis and insight on relevant legislation and policy guidance to help further and inform ARUK’s policy and public affairs work.
• To prepare parliamentary briefs, develop submissions for parliamentary questions and other opportunities presented through the parliamentary system.
• Lead on gathering information to measure our public affairs impact and report regularly, including across the organisation and up to Directors
• Work with the policy, public affairs and communications team to help deliver public campaigns and campaign messaging focused on ARUK policy objectives and help shape these messages for a political audience.
• Work with the communications team to help develop digital public affairs opportunities.
• Planning and coordinating parliamentary events and conferences focused around ARUK key policy and public affairs objectives.
• Represent ARUK at parliamentary and other events and conferences, including national party conferences.
What we are looking for:
• Educated to A Level or equivalent
• Excellent knowledge of the UK political system
• Experience of working in public affairs
• Excellent personal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels face to face and on the phone
• Ability to write professionally, with an ability to adapt communications for different audiences
• Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
• Confident working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel and outlook
Closing Date: 26 January 2020
Interviews to be held on the 6th February 2020. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this date.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser when applying online here: http://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/
Your covering letter should detail the following:
• Why you are interested in applying for this post
• How your skills/knowledge/experience meet the requirements of the person specification