Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Junior Caseworker
Working For: Alexander Stafford MP (Rother Valley)
Location: Rother Valley
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Alexander Stafford, newly-elected MP for Rother Valley, is looking for a strong communicator with excellent organisational skills to join his constituency team as a full-time Junior Caseworker.
An enthusiastic people person with a desire to make a difference, the successful candidate will work with local and national stakeholders to resolve a wide range of issues. The ideal candidate is comfortable liaising with members of the public and will enjoy working as part of a small team. Proficiency with MS Office Suite is essential.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Drafting responses to constituents
• Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
• Assisting Office Manager as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Closing date for applications is 5pm. Interviews to take place in the constituency on January 24th. The interview process will include a written task.
Please send a cover letter of no more than one page and a CV to Alexander.email@example.com with ‘Junior Caseworker Application’ in the subject line.