Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Alexander Stafford MP (Rother Valley)
Salary: In line with ISPA pay scales
Alexander Stafford, newly-elected MP for Rother Valley, is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and politically aware Parliamentary Assistant to work in his Westminster office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of Alexander’s Westminster office, developing an in-depth knowledge of parliamentary processes, current bills and debates and national policy.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is informed on key issues
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Monitor media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues
• Ensure the MP is fully briefed on potential questions and motions put to the house
• Give advice on policy issues
• Supervise staff members where appropriate
• Project work
• Progress casework as required
• Project Management
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions
• Provide generalist admin support
• Westminster diary management
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
First round of interviews to take place on January 23rd. The interview process will include a written task.
Please send a cover letter of no more than one page and a CV to Alexander.email@example.com with ‘Parliamentary Assistant’ in the subject line.