Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker/Senior Caseworker
Working For: Felicity Buchan MP (Kensington)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales, depending on experience
Felicity Buchan, the new Conservative Member of Parliament for Kensington, is looking to appoint a Caseworker/Senior Caseworker to work from a combination of her Westminster office, as well as from the constituency.
Successful candidates will have excellent written and oral communication, must be able to evidence strong organisation skills and initiative. Candidates must be able to exercise discretion and empathy in order to assist constituents with a wide range of different needs.
While not essential, a keen interest in politics on a local and national level is encouraged.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Gathering relevant information to resolve or progress cases.
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector, and others to resolve constituency matters.
- Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the
- Data Protection Act.
- Research local, regional or national issues to support Member's work.
- Provide briefings for the MP.
- General office administrative tasks.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required.
- Clear and concise writing style and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage a high and varied workload under pressure.
- Demonstrable initiative.
- Previous experience of working as an MP’s caseworker or similar.
- Knowledge of governmental and local organisational structures.
- An understanding of the workings of the immigration, housing and benefits system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Casework Management Systems.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
We aim to shortlist by 20th January and interviews will take place from 21st onwards. In your application, please state your availability to start.
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Caseworker Application’ in the email subject line.
Please also enclose the contact details of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.