Date Added: 3 January 2020
: 16 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker/Senior Caseworker (subject to experience)
Working For: David Johnston OBE MP (Wantage)
Location: Westminster or Wantage
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
* Drafting letters, emails and other correspondence to provide information, advice and support to Constituents on a broad range of issues.
* Dealing with government departments, councils and other organisations to gather information to assist with resolving cases.
* Assisting David and other staff with campaigns and research on constituency and national issues.
* Meticulous record-keeping and a high level of discretion in dealing with often confidential or sensitive information.
* Attending advice surgeries and other meetings, as necessary.
* Responding to a range of enquiries by telephone, email and letter
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation appropriate to dealing with casework.
* Leading on policy casework which includes research and drafting of responses to constituents.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* Strong written and oral communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
* Competent use of IT and Microsoft Office.
* Persistence in the face of bureaucratic hurdles.
* The ability to work with sensitivity, discretion and with strict adherence to data protection legislation.
* A high degree of organisational skill and the ability to manage and prioritise competing demands.
* Ability to work proactively and independently as part of a small team.
* Confidence in dealing with members of the public from a wide variety of backgrounds in a compassionate and empathetic way.
* Some knowledge of key policy issues including the benefits system, immigration and health.
* Sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 January 2020
The deadline for applications is 9am. Interviews are expected to take place later that week.
Interested applicants should send a CV and tailored cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying clearly if they wish to be considered for a Caseworker role or Senior Caseworker role.