Date Added: 6 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Claudia Webbe MP (Leicester East)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Claudia Webbe MP is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join her constituency office as a Caseworker
Working with the MP and/or as part of a team, the successful candidate will ensure the professional progress of casework on behalf of the Member whilst enabling appropriate advocacy, advice and support to constituents
The successful candidate will operate in a demanding political environment and must possess the ability and motivation to respond to a large and varied casework load
- Deal with daily casework enquiries from members of the public by phone, email, letter and in person and ensure that constituents are responded to in a timely manner
- Coordinate and attend surgeries and other casework meetings with the MP, as appropriate
- Gather relevant information in order to progress, resolve or close a constituent’s case
- Enable advocacy, challenge and representation on behalf of the constituent
- Liaise as appropriate with Government and local agencies towards resolving casework
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
- Ensuring issues of equalities, social justice and diversity are addressed throughout
- Log and monitor progress, ensure identified actions are taken and ensure all records and information are stored professionally and confidentially, adhering to GDPR requirements and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
- Previous experience of casework, ideally for an MP, as well as knowledge of immigration, housing and the benefit system
- Substantial experience working and dealing with the public
- People and problem-solving skills
- Clear and concise writing style and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT skills including using a casework system and MS Office applications
- Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure and carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
- Awareness of the function of a parliamentary/constituency office
- Sympathetic to aims and values of the Labour party
- Experience of using Caseworker.mp software
- Self-starter and demonstrable experience of ability to work on own initiative.
- Relevant muliti-lingual or bi-lingual skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as practicable, which may be before the closing date.
It is possible an appointment may take place before the closing date, at which point this advert will be removed.
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please write a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and the reasons why you believe you are suitable for the position (of no more than 2 sides of A4), together with a CV.
Please also enclose the contact details of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject line.