Date Added: 6 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Craig Tracey MP (North Warwickshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay scales
Craig Tracey, Member of Parliament for North Warwickshire & Bedworth, is looking to recruit an experienced, well organised and dynamic Senior Parliamentary Assistant to head up his Westminster office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of Craig’s Parliamentary office as well as his work there, so previous experience of working in Parliament is essential.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day running of the office in Parliament, including Managing the Member of Parliament’s inbox and Parliamentary diary
- Advising the Member of Parliament on policy issues and parliamentary process
- Responding to policy correspondence from constituents
- Assisting with speech & question drafting
- Overseeing casework, and providing policy advice to the Member of Parliament’s constituency casework team on issues raised by constituents
- Undertaking research and writing briefings
- Drafting press releases on national/ local issues and leading on engagement with local media
- Creating content for the Member of Parliament’s website and social media
- Liaising with the constituency office on local campaigns and projects
- Undertaking administrative duties, including management of the Parliamentary office and helping with various APPGs that Craig Chairs
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Experience of working in Parliament
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong research and IT skill
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Knowledge of the IPSA expenses system would also be advantageous.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th January.
This is a vacant position, so a start date would be agreed with the successful applicant.
Applicants should send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding the role should also be directed to this address.