Date Added: 6 January 2020
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Case Worker
Working For: Saqib Bhatti MP (Meriden)
Location: Meriden Constituency
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales - based on experience
Newly elected Member of Parliament for Meriden, Saqib Bhatti is seeking to recruit a hard-working, enthusiastic and experienced full time Case Worker based in the constituency.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
* Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
* Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
* Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
* Draft responses to constituents
* Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
* Follow up on social media queries and comments
* Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
* Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
* Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
* Provide general administrative support as necessary
Candidates should have the following skills, experience and qualities:
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills
* An ability to deal with constituents’ enquiries in a personable manner and work well in a small team
* Able to manage and prioritise own workload and use initiative
* Previous Parliamentary or relevant experience is desirable
* Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure
* Clear and concise writing style and excellent interpersonal skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Interviews to commence immediately. May appoint prior to the closing date for the right candidate.
Please apply via email sending a CV and a one-page covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries should also be directed here.
Please include within your application your current notice period (if any).