Date Added: 6 January 2020
: 19 January 2020
Job Title: Sub-editor (Education/Ed-tech Sector)
Working For: The Key
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Full time, permanent
Are you looking for an editorial role in a fast-growing business where people are at the heart of everything we do? Would you like to work within a socially conscious organisation that is making a real impact in the education sector?
The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
We are looking for a sub-editor to join our friendly content team to sub-edit digital content, setting and upholding the highest standards of accuracy, practical value, clarity and fluency in line with our brand. You’ll be helping over 120,000 education leaders take confident, decisive action in their schools.
- Edit digital content in line with our brand, tone of voice guidelines and style guide
- Rigorously check content for accuracy and practical value
- Work collaboratively with our content writers, giving constructive challenge and support to help them improve their work
- Work at pace, making excellent editorial decisions and prioritising carefully
The ideal person
- Have experience of sub-editing digital content
- Be able to assess the quality of content and identify issues, gaps and appropriate actions
- Be able to make confident, robust decisions under pressure
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
Closing Date: 19 January 2020
Applications close at 6pm
Please upload your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key.
Please apply using this link: https://thekey.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=179
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.