Date Added: 6 January 2020
: 26 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Eddie Hughes MP (Walsall North)
Location: Bloxwich, Walsall
Salary: In accordance with IPSA payscales
Eddie Hughes MP is looking to appoint a full-time Caseworker to assist his team in the day-to-day
running of his Constituency Office.
Based on a high street location in Bloxwich, the constituency office sees a large number of drop-in enquiries. The right candidate will be committed to helping individuals who seek the MP's help and committed to providing an excellent and helpful service to constituents.
The right candidate will have excellent written English skills, a focus on customer service and
be a team player. Experience of casework (e.g. Citizens Advice Bureau) or working in an MP's office is desired but not essential, as training will be given.
Opportunities for progression will also be available to the right individual.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence
• Proofreading casework documentation
• Managing correspondence on local issues
• Handling telephone and walk-in enquiries
• General office administration and support
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
• Accompanying the MP on some constituency visits and surgeries
• Working with volunteers
The following skills are essential:
• Excellent communication skills
• A friendly telephone manner
• Strong written skills and attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet
• Good academic record
• A team player
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 January 2020
Interviews: 31st January 2020.
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com
Please note only candidates who are asked to come for an interview will be contacted.