Date Added: 6 January 2020
: 17 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Suella Braverman MP (Fareham)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
This is a research-based role which will require strong writing and organisational skills. The main responsibilities include:
- Conducting research into Government policy on issues raised by constituents
- Responding to constituents who write to Mrs Braverman
- Briefing Mrs Braverman on national and local policy questions
- Managing Mrs Braverman's communications: website, newsletter, ocassional social media and providing research for her national media work
- Writing press releases and assistance with articles on national and local issues
- Providing information and support for Mrs Braverman with issues relevant to her aims as Fareham’s MP
Applicants should have a keen interest in British politics, be computer literate, have confidence in their ability to work without supervision, and be a team player. Applicants should also be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Those candidate(s) chosen for interview will be interviewed during the week commencing 20th January, and the successful candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible.
Please email a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the reference number for this advertisement in the subject header.