Date Added: 7 January 2020
: 19 January 2020
Job Title: Climate Policy Research Fellow
Working For: Apolitical
Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 pro rata
Apolitical is the first global peer-to-peer learning platform for government, giving public servants the 21st-century skills and knowledge they need to solve the hardest challenges facing our societies. Our network is used by tens of thousands of public servants in more than 160 countries, including by mayors, ministers and former heads of state.
We’re looking for someone who wants to develop research skills and learn about climate policy around the world in a mission-driven company. We are looking for a smart, articulate, confident, organised and fast-paced do-er who can independently research and synthesise policy ideas.
The successful candidate will conduct a 10-week research project finding, and writing about, some of the best climate policies in the world. A passionate interest in climate policy is therefore a must, as you’ll be communicating with public servants, politicians and people working for NGOs all over the world.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to come up with innovative ways to find and communicate policies and projects that are helping solve the climate crisis (even in some remote corners of the world). Excellent research and writing skills are at the heart of this role, and we’re looking for someone with creativity and flair in this area.
You’ll have the opportunity to experience Apolitical’s award-winning culture and to work alongside its passionate team, whilst working on one of the most critical and urgent problems of our time.
- Completing a 10-12 week research project finding some of the best (and often undiscovered) climate policies and projects from around the globe
- Writing interesting and concise descriptions for these policies and projects
- Finding and reaching out to the people behind the projects
- Strong research skills
- Good understanding of the policy space
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- You are a fast learner and an innovative, inquisitive and effective problem solver
- Great time management skills and a willingness to hustle on time-sensitive work
- Working well with others
Closing Date: 19 January 2020
Start date: ASAP
Apply online: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/saobyaspa6?utm_source=[W4MPs]