Date Added: 7 January 2020
: 20 January 2020
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Tan Dhesi MP (Slough)
Salary: As per IPSA Pay Scales
Tan Dhesi MP, is recruiting an experienced and organised Office Manager to join his staff team. The role will be primarily based in Westminster, with working in the Slough Constituency Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of Tans Westminster and Constituency Offices. The role would be ideal for someone who is experienced in office management, and is driven to help make Slough an even better place.
You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiatives, be confident at resolving issues, and be easily adaptable to changing priorities. You will be required to work closely with and manage Tans staff team.
Main duties include:
• Deal with complex queries and complaints on the MPs' behalf, including drafting letters
• Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
• Ensure office is fully equipped
• Lead on projects as required
• Liaise with groups/personnel within the constituency and Westminster, and the general public on the Member's behalf as necessary
• Attend meetings on behalf of the MP
• Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
• Overall management of the Member's diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
• Ownership of Diary Management in the Constituency
• Progress casework as required
• Research local & regional issues to support the MPs' work
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
• Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the Member informed of all relevant financial matters
• Undertake supervisory responsibility as required
• Manage MP's expenses with IPSA
• Manage Case work and ensure GDPR regulations followed
Skills and qualities:
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• The ability to prioritise a demanding workload and to use their initiative under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills
• The ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team
• Strong IT skills – including proficiency in the use of MS Outlook and Casework programmes
• Previous experience of working for an MP or senior public figure is highly desirable
• Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2020
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Appointment may be made before the closing date. Start date as soon as possible.
Please apply with CV (including two named referees) + Covering letter to email@example.com with subject heading: JOB APPLICATION OFFICE MANAGER