Date Added: 7 January 2020
: 27 January 2020
Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Working For: Claudia Webbe (Leicester East)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Claudia is looking for a Digital Communications Officer who is passionate about the difference MPs can make to the lives of their constituents. You will be dedicated, creative and able to work on your own initiative with demonstrable attention to detail, with experience and technical skills in using web platforms, social media as well as statistical and analytical skills
There is flexibility over the appointment, but it is likely to be a fixed term part-time contract (2 days per week). The role can be based in Leicester or London depending on the successful candidate but travel in and around the constituency would be required
- Creating and managing the upkeep of web and social media platforms
- Develop and create content, including videos and graphics for the Member of Parliament’s website and social media and enable engagement
- To proactively support building the Member’s brand, communication campaign and strategy
- To support e-communications with constituents and groups campaigning on local issues across the constituency
- To write and oversee production of regular blogs and vlogs and contribute to digital newsletters to keep constituents up to date with Member of Parliament's work
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- To support production of pro-active and re-active digital across all mediums
- Working in a flexible and confidential manner at all times and as part of a team
- Able to shoot and edit small videos and experience of working with graphics software
- Experience of shooting interviews, adding sub-titles and creating informative animations
- Technical experience with web platforms including wordpress
- Strong digital and IT skills and technical experience of using a wide variety of software
- Competent use of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience managing statistics and analysing data
- Social media skills
- Ability to photograph, video and record events
- Sound judgement and a good understanding of what it means to work in a political environment
- Able to take responsibility of tasks and act on own initiative
- Commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Experience with HTML
- Graphic design skills
- Media skills
- Experience of video film production
- Experience of working in a high pressure, high volume and fast paced political environment
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as practicable, which may be before the closing date.
It is possible an appointment may take place before the closing date, at which point this advert will be removed.
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please write or creatively outline how you meet the person specification and the reasons why you believe you are suitable for the position (equivalent to no more than 2 sides of A4), together with a CV.
Please also enclose the contact details of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject line.