Date Added: 8 January 2020
: 31 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Craig Tracey MP (North Warwickshire)
Location: North Warwickshire & Bedworth
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay scales
Craig Tracey MP is looking for a hardworking, dependable caseworker to join his dynamic and busy constituency office team.
The applicant will need to have proficient research skills and experience. The role involves assisting the Office Manager with constituency casework and helping with the day to day running of a busy office.
This is a full-time position subject to a successfully completed probation period.
- Drafting letters and correspondence for the Member providing information, advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving casework
- Dealing with Government departments, local councils and other organisations
- Drafting briefings to update constituents and the Member on key issues
- Assisting the Member and other staff in running local campaigns on constituency issues
- Meticulous record keeping and dealing with often confidential or sensitive information in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Arrange and attend surgeries and other meetings and events as appropriate
- Deal with a large amount of correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and provide timely responses
- Accompany Craig to meetings and visits
- Undertake research for parliamentary debates and questions
- Other general duties in support of the functioning of the MP’s office
Please note there will be some weekend and evening work
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sympathetic telephone manner and ability to work in a team
- Highly motivated and organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a large caseload
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to the be flexible to the demands of a busy office
- Team player; enthusiastic and reliable as well as being able to work independently
- Have an excellent standard of customer service
- Excellent written English
- Social media skills including basic editing of videos would be desirable
- Awareness of current political issues at local and national level
- Full Driving licence and access to a car is essential
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Interviews will start week commencing 3rd February, although succesful candidates may be contacted in advance of this with details of the next stage.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com