Date Added: 9 January 2020
: 26 January 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: McDonald's Restaurants Ltd
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
This role requires supporting the business in understanding and leading emerging policy issues on farming and agriculture, packaging, recycling, and waste management, climate change, education and skills and health.
- Develop external engagement strategies to build brand trust with elected politicians, government officials, NGOs
- Seek opportunities to amplify McDonald’s campaigns and projects to external partners
- Partner with other functions across the business to support plans and decision-making processes and provide briefings and support to senior leaders in engagement opportunities
- Support the Regional Communications team in building engagement plans for franchisees and responding to local issues relating to restaurants and inform of external changes and challenges with the help of the internal communications team.
- Build and be an outstanding partner with trade associations including the British Retail Consortium (BRC), Confederation of British Industry (CBI), and Food and Drink Federation (FDF). Lead in responding or submitting to relevant government or industry consultations
- Represent the business at relevant industry and partner meetings and co-ordinate events and external visits and meetings
- Work with the Media team to respond to media enquiries relating to relevant policy issues and lead external consultancy support to deliver departmental and business objectives
- Contribute UK & Irish perspectives to Global Policy and Engagement team – collaborating and aligning to lead emerging global issues and respond to enquiries from elected politicians, NGOs, and other third parties
Closing Date: 26 January 2020
To find out more and to apply, please follow the link below:https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_mcdonalds/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=270783&localeCode=en-us