Date Added: 8 January 2020
: 22 January 2020
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer and Researcher
Working For: Maria Eagle MP (Garston and Halewood)
Salary: £27,350 - £32,000
Maria Eagle MP is looking for an excellent candidate to join her Parliamentary Office as Senior Communications Officer and Researcher. This is a full time paid position at Westminster. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with at least one year's experience working within Parliament but we welcome any applications that fit the person specification outlined below.
Responsibilities will include leading on Maria's social media presence, creating online content, dealing with press queries and helping develop pro-active press strategies on relevant issues as well as pariiamentary duties such as compiling briefings and drafting speeches for delivery inn the Chamber.
- Managing Maria's social media, creating online content including videos.
- Leading on the Office's press strategy.
- Supporting in running an efficient and effective Parliamentary Office.
- Developing and maintaining current knowledge of bills, EDMs,legislation,Hansard,debates.
- Analysinng, evaluating and interpreting data and relevant information to ensure Maria is accurately informed on key issues.
- Briefing on key issues, potential questions, motions to be tabled.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the political and Parliamentary landscape.
- Preparing and presenting briefing notes for committees press releases PQs and other drafting as required.
- Project work and relevant research
- Responsing to routine correspondence and enquiries.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communiocation skills
- Strong Research abilities
- A keen interest in politics and Parliament and be sympathetic to the values of the Labour Party.
- Experience in managing the social media presence of employers with a public profile
- Experience in creating online content and using video editing software
- Experience in responding to press queries
- Ability to work independently with initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Competencey in the use of IT including the Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2020
Interviews will be at Westminster on Tuesday 28 January with a start date as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you fit the job descripton and person specification to email@example.com